This program is for workers who: have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory want to live in that province and want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:
- • Students
- • Business people
- • Skilled workers
- • Semi-skilled workers
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Learn how foreign workers, international students, business owners or entrepreneurs from outside of Canada can apply for permanent residence in Ontario, or how Ontario businesses can recruit international talent.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is the province’s economic immigration program. It works in partnership with the Government of Canada through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Foreign workers, international students and others with the right skills, experience and education apply for a nomination.
The OINP recognizes and nominates people for permanent residence who have the skills and experience the Ontario economy needs, and the Government of Canada makes the final decision to approve applications for permanent residence.
What you need to know
There are three ways you may qualify for a nomination:
- • Employer job offer category: for workers who already have a permanent job offer from an Ontario employer
- • Human capital category: for workers who have valuable work experience, education, language skills, and a profile in Canada’s Express Entry system; or for graduate students
- • Business category: for entrepreneurs looking to start a new or buy an existing business in Ontario
- 1. Work experience or licence or other authorization
2. Valid licence or other authorization (if applicable)
3. Intention to live in Ontario
4. Legal status in Canada (if applicable)
- 1. General requirements
2. Revenue requirements
3. Employee requirements
4. Employer Form
For more detailed information about this program and to find out if you are eligible, please contact our office to discuss your options and further assistance.